Summer is a great time of year. The weather is warm, the days are longer and many of us get to spend a week or two relaxing on holiday. There are often weddings, parties, balls and barbeques to attend in the summer giving us a great opportunity to get dressed up.
Summer is also a great time to have a little fun with fashion and try out something new. When the sun is shining bright colours, prints and pastels all look amazing. You also don’t need to worry about what coat or cardigan to wear as it is warm enough to go without. Here are our top ten fashion tips for the summer.
1. Looking stylish in the summer is partly about keeping cool. A red shiny face is not a good look and you can ensure that you always keep yourself cool and comfortable by wearing loose fitting clothes in light colours and natural fabrics on hot days.
2. Womens t-shirts are a great casual option and go with almost anything. Find yourself a great style of t-shirt that flatters your body shape and then invest in a few in different colours to go with a variety of different outfits. A slightly thicker fabric will usually be more flattering as it tends to skim over lumps and bumps rather than clinging.
3. Tunic tops are ideal for covering up on the beach on holiday or wearing with a pair of neutral trousers for a relaxed summer outfit. Look out for tunic tops in bright colours and patterns for a fun and eye catching outfit.
4. When the sun is at its hottest keep sun burn at bay with a wide brimmed hat. Not only will it help you to maintain your youthful complexion but will also look incredibly elegant.
5. Accessorise your summer outfits with big and bold accessories. Chunky wooden beads, oversized clutches in juicy citrus shades and armfuls of bangles all look stunning with summer clothes, so pile them on.
6. Make use of camisoles, they are one of the most versatile pieces of summer clothing. You can wear them under a suit for work, with jeans for the weekend or even with smarter trousers and heels for a night out.
7. For slightly cooler summer weather, wear a bolero or shrug with a dress. It will keep your arms warm without ruining the line of the dress.
8. For an understated look for the summer, try layering different neutral shades. This look will make you feel both cool and calm.
9. Don’t be scared of showing your legs. If you can’t bear to wear shorts, try a knee length summer skirt or dress. If you are worried that your legs don’t look long enough wear heels. If you are worried that they look too white, try some fake tan or tan coloured tights.
10. A pair of white trousers is a great wardrobe basic or the summer. They look great with womens t shirts, camisoles and tunic tops.